Saturday, November 6, 2010

Where I've Been

You may have noticed that I haven't blogged for quite some time* now. My life has been drastically changing for the better, and I've been practicing my renewed joy for life and all things creative. Where have I been?

Since my last blog post, I have:
1. Gotten a new (amazing) job working at an art museum.

2. Flown on an airplane for the first time in my entire life.

3. Visited my friend Jessi (@ The Design Slice) in Chicago.

4. Done a ton of vintage/thrift shopping. Yay for $6 dresses!

5. Gone to 3 apple orchards, 1 in Iowa (for my brother's 21st birthday) and 2 in Minnesota.

6. Discovered my love for music again.

7. Gotten in my first car accident.

8. Made new friends.

9. Watched 7 seasons of The X-Files.

10. Eaten at several delicious Mpls restaurants.

11. Realized I'd like to dabble in fine art and collaging in my free time.

12. Watched as a co-worker made her dream of opening a restaurant come true.

13. Watched Don pursue school (again) while working 1 full-time job and 2 part-time jobs.

14. Decided (for sure) to get a tattoo in memory of my dad.

15. Revisited the idea of taking guitar lessons and learning left-handed so I can use my dad's guitar.

16. Become conscious of how my lack of exercise will affect my body long-term.

17. Tried to reduce my $5 coffee intake by grinding my own beans and taking coffee to work.

18. Truly started to feel like Minneapolis is my home now.

19. Felt happier than I have in a very long time.

20. Eaten a ton of soup.

I've also been pondering the future of my blog and the direction I'd like it to take. Now that my life is more stable and I have time for creative ventures, I'd like to share them with you. After what has seemed like a brutal 2 years, I'm eager and ready to explore again.

* = Yeah, I know. Sorry.

3 comments:

  1. eeek! I got in my first car accident this week. What happened?

    ReplyDelete
  2. A woman cut me off, so I slammed on my breaks. I avoided hitting her, but the car behind me didn't avoid hitting my car. What happened with you? Are you okay?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I* am quite** excited to see what's in your future my dear! ^

    * = I miss you!
    ** = uber super thrilled and proud :)

    ReplyDelete