Tuesday, November 30, 2010

A Few of My Favorite Things


















In times of epic boredom, I find myself watching, reading, searching, listening, living, and loving so many things. I believe in the power of excess inspiration. It is my true pleasure to drag you along on my quest for awesome-ness, and I'm starting with movies and continuing with music, books, articles, art, etc. I invite (and strongly urge) you to join me and share your discoveries via the comments option. What am I waiting for? Get excited...

Movie Clip #1:
Across the Universe, "I Want You (She's So Heavy)"
Click here to view

Description:
This movie/musical's artistic grandness and witty humor are in (a positive) competition with the intense musical scenes. "I Want You (She's So Heavy)" delivers a gritty, intoxicating political history lesson by personifying American allegorical figures and by incorporating visual chaos. This is repetition in its finest form, folks.

Kick-Ass Lines:
"I'm a cross-dressing, homosexual pacifist with a spot on my lung."
Response to above: "As long as you don't have flat feet."

"Learn French or die!"

No comments:

Post a Comment