Thursday, September 10, 2009

Critters and Creatures, Oh My!









So I really need to get back to working on my freelance project, but I'll give you a quick overview of last Sunday.

Mpls Farmers Market
I forgot to take pictures since I was so in love with the beautiful fruits and vegetables. I try to go to the Farmer's market every other weekend for fresh produce. Don's mom Vicki accompanied us, and we had fresh squeezed orange juice and a pecan roll for breakfast! I brought home tomatoes, cilantro, potatoes, berries, cucumbers and tons of other goodies. Yum.

Como Zoo
I had never been to the Como Zoo before, and it was the perfect day to go. It operates off of donations and is so much fun. Some of the animals we saw included giraffes, zebras, lions, tigers, sea lions, and gorillas. One of the gorillas had a baby that was struggling to swing on the ropes, and finally gave up and was aimlessly wandering on the ground. The mom realized it was lonely and reached for its hand and pulled it up. Oh, and apparently gorillas like the throw things.

Forget the animals for a second, I really liked the typographic art piece on the wall that listed major donors. :) Look above for our experience in photos.




No comments:

Post a Comment