Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Discovering Mobile Me and CS4

Recently I have had unfortunate luck, and my Apple Powerbook decided it was time to rest for all of eternity. After spending a few hours with my head resting on the desk of the Apple Genius bar, I found out that my hard drive had crashed, along with several other components.

As sad as this story is, it has a lovely outcome. I am now the proud owner of a new computer, and the purchase gave me the excuse to upgrade my Adobe software to CS4 from my outdated CS2 version. I'll be blogging about the great new features I discover along the way. The guy at the Apple Store also convinced me that I could benefit from a Mobile Me membership. I was reluctant until he shared that it allows me to sync my i-Phone calendar with the one on my computer. It also gives me an online FTP site that eliminates the frustrations that come with attempting to send large design files via e-mail.

With my new technology, I am on the road to finishing my portfolio and finding a job in the Twin Cities. I have realized throughout the past year in MN that I can't keep myself away from design, no matter how hard I try. I'm constantly looking for new projects, whether they are freelance or personal experimentations. If I'm not designing I'm reading an article out of Print Mag. Hmm...I might be slightly obsessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment